Awards & Recognition
1. The American Institute of Architects Design Award of Excellence to Graves Architects for Lazarus Department Store.
2. Pittsburgh History & Landmarks Foundation Award of Merit to Graves Architects for Allegheny Traditional Academy.
3. The City of Pittsburgh And the Historic Review Commission Certificate of Recognition to Howard Graves –Graves Associates for preserving and enhancing the character of the Manchester Historic District through restoration of 1301, 1303, 1305 and 1309 Pennsylvania Avenue.
4. Preservation Pennsylvania, Incorporated and Pennsylvania Historical & Museum Commission HISTORIC PRESERVATION ACHIEVEMENT to PWA/Graves/Noble JV for The Commonwealth Statue.
5. The City of Pittsburgh and the Historic Review Commission Certificate of Recognition to Graves Associates for the outstanding adaptive reuse of the former Engine House No. 26 into the Firehouse Apartments.
6. US Department of Housing and Urban Development Special Recognition to Graves Associates and Construction Manager for Pennsylvania Townhouse Restoration Manchester Neighborhood In recognition of demonstrated leadership and commitment to making housing more affordable; Awarded 1989.
7. Pennsylvania Parking Association Special Recognition to Graves Architects, Inc. for Ladle Parking Garage.